Home      About Me      Beauty Reviews      Subscription Boxes      Beauty Events      Fitness      Food      Bridal Series     TotalBeauty.com     

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Product Review: Physicians Formula Organic wear® makeup

Physicians Formula Organic Wear line came out less than a year ago, but it has taken this long for me to write about it. I was first introduced to this product at a booth at Self's Workout in the Park. They were giving away full-sized product samples of their 100% Natural Origin Bronzer.





I found their packaging unique and eco-conscious; there wasn't anything like it in the market last Spring. Each compact is made of 93% less plastic than a traditional compact of that size. I like that the other side has a mirror and a brush even though the plastic protector is not entirely sturdy. (Can you imagine putting that inside your purse with everything else? It would break!)

I tried their bronzer and thought it was a bit too dark and streaky for me. But I still had faith in their other products, because I am a sucker for products that are natural and free of harsh chemicals, parabens and synthetic preservatives. These claims are made on each Physicians Formula box, so it's hard to miss their messaging to their consumers. I have accepted that when products are made with natural ingredients, they can not be compared to the ones that I have always used before.


So a couple of months ago, I picked up another Organic wear product- their 100% Natural Origin Eyeliner. Overall, I like it because it smudges pretty easily, and at the end of the day, it smudges onto my bottom water line. It just makes my eyes smokier :)

I also got their new product last month, the 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush in Light Bronzer/Pink Rose color. The blush is very rosy and the bronzer color is lighter than the original bronzer that I have in Natural Glow Bronze Organics color. It's great that both shades together in a compact, for convenience-sake.

The product I am most excited about though is their 100% Natural Origin Mascara. I haven't tested it yet, but it is free to try. (Upcoming post about their freebie here!)

Overall, I am pleased with the Organic wear line and hope to try their eyeshadow shades soon (if they can only have it in stock at a nearby drugstore when I am there)


Check out more blogs @ TotalBeauty.com

No comments:

created at TagCrowd.com