Home      About Me      Beauty Reviews      Subscription Boxes      Beauty Events      Fitness      Food      Bridal Series     TotalBeauty.com     

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Natural Skincare Products with Grape Seed Oil and Cocoa Butter

Can you believe July is here and almost over? We're in the second half of our summer and I thought I would share some products that I have gotten so far this summer. They are not products that just launched but things I have picked up and decided to try. Plus, they are all affordable especially for a beauty recessionista!



Queen Helene Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque This can be found at your local drugstore, such as Rite-Aid near the other facial products such as St. Ives. It costs around $4 for a 6 .oz container. On the label, it claims to cleans clogged pres, softens facial lines and soothes and tones skin. I've heard Grape Seed is a wonderful antioxidant and can help restore/repair skin. It is especially great for combo/oily skin. I've used this several times already and although i wish it would clean my pores better, my skin feels smooth and refreshed after each time. It also smells grape-y and pleasant. Note: It is important to have the mask dry completely before you try to take it off, otherwise it won't work as well.
Queen Helene 100% Cocoa Butter stick Another Queen Helene product, the cocoa butter stick I purchased was pure luck. I went into a CVS drugstore the day I went to the Women's Health Are You Game event and was browsing. I had read that cocoa butter was an excellent natural moisturizer for your skin and can reduce stretch marks and discoloration of blemishes. I knew that Palmers carried a skin care line with Cocoa Butter and I was looking for something that didn't have any other chemicals as well. So I was lucky to find the Queen Helene 100% pure cocoa butter stick right next to the other one. It was also a bargain for about $1!

Grapeseed Oil To continue my natural skin care kick, I also got a bottle of grapeseed oil, which contains grapeseed oil and vitamin E. You can use this oil for aromatherapy bath, massaging or just plain moisturizing. So far I have incorporated this product after cleansing my face and moisturizing my face. It feels, of course, oily so I have to be careful to use very little of it for my face. A 4 .oz bottle costed me about $5.


All in all, I got 3 great natural skin care products for $10! What a bargain!

To see what other Queen Helene products I am interested in...
1) Mint Julep Masque- supposed to be great for removing blackheads and shrink enlarged pores
2) *New Pomegranate and Raspberry Facial Scrub- great for oily skin
3) *New Avocado and Grapefruit Masque- great for normal skin
Check out more blogs @ TotalBeauty.com

No comments:

created at TagCrowd.com