Home      About Me      Beauty Reviews      Subscription Boxes      Beauty Events      Fitness      Food      Bridal Series     TotalBeauty.com     

Monday, October 18, 2010

Review: One Bath and Body - Shampoo & Conditioner Bar

shampoo bar
Have you ever stood inside your bathroom and thought about all the plastic you're using & wasting with the number of bottles you have? How about the number of products you have used so far and will use in your lifetime? The number is quite frightening...

To be eco-friendly,
how about trading in 3 bottles of shampoo for one tiny bar of One's Shampoo bar? According to One Bath and Body, that's exactly how many uses you can get from a bar- 3.5 inches in diameter and an inch and a half in height. You only have to use a few swipes on your hair and you're all good. To prevent the bar from melting away, each one comes with an embossed aluminum shower tin (with holes!) so the water will drain out.

one shampoo bar
I was sent the Hair Biscuit for Yummy Hair (an orange-yellowish bar) to try and Hair Boost solid conditioner. The first thing I noticed was that they were really fragrant. If you've sensitive noses, I would not recommend. But if you like strong aromatic scents, this is perfect for you! It makes my entire bathroom smell like I'm at a spa... Since my hair is my fine and tends to get oily, I have to make sure I don't use products that make my hair even oilier. Otherwise, it will feel like its being weighed down which is unpleasant.
I have been using this for a few weeks and I have finally found my perfect methodology of using these two bars. First, my hair cannot use both shampoo bar and the conditioner bar. Unfortunately the combo weighs my hair down. Instead, I use the shampoo bar only and my hair feels thicker and more volumized- which is super! I only use the conditioner bar on my ends every 2-3 washes and my hair ends feel much more manageable. Wahoo!
one conditioner bar


There are lots more products in the One Bath and Body line- which also uses recyclable packaging- to make their products even more eco-friendly. Some other items on my wishlist include their Natural Soaps and Lotions! :)

(Disclaimer: I received this product from this company's PR agency to test, try and share my thoughts with my readers.)

Check out more blogs @ TotalBeauty.com

No comments:

created at TagCrowd.com