Home      About Me      Beauty Reviews      Subscription Boxes      Beauty Events      Fitness      Food      Bridal Series     TotalBeauty.com     

Sunday, July 17, 2011

July BIRCHBOX: My first one!!



After hearing so many raves & reviews on Birchbox, I finally drank the juice and bought my very first one in July! What is Birchbox?

The Cynthia Rowley designed and themed box contains her personal picks which includes some of her favorites! I was hoping to see a bit more makeup picks, but her philosophy is minimal makeup (read article here) so now I understand why.

The July box contains 4 products & an EXTRA bonus- the KIND fruit & nut bar which is already in my belly. For $10, you get 5 mini samples that you may have or have not tried before. (Shipping IS included.) The surprise & gift in your mail element is probably the main thing that would make me continue to subscribe and get more Birchboxes. The products overall are good but some are hit & miss. For example, I'm a not a huge fan of hair styling products, but I do love the Korres Showergel.

What's also great about Birchbox is that there are also multiples- so some may not have gotten the Korres showergel but received a parfum, or pressed powder instead.

See all of Cynthia Rowley's picks here.



The Korres Showergel in Guava smells delicious and is a really great showergel to use in the summer. It's light scent makes your skin feel refreshing! I also like the Zoya mini nailpolish in Pandora. The nude color is great for a sophisticated look and it's got some glimmers too. The Philosophy Purity cleanser is one I have not tried yet but can't wait. It's got great reviews and this creamy formula looks like it will clean well w/o overdrying.. will let you know how that works. I haven't tried the Redken Shine Flash glistening mist yet, as I normally don't use a lot of hair styling products. I'd have to try it though and see how shiny my hair can be! :)

Check out more blogs @ TotalBeauty.com

1 comment:

Rhenicia said...

loooove the purity cleanser! I use it to wash my brushes as well!

also have the korress guava shower gel which smells amazing!

xx

created at TagCrowd.com